Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Room is a Mess

That's the problem with having a creative mind. Sometimes I put off straightening things up, because my mind is elsewhere, deep inside some cesspool of creativity. 

The dorm room is a mix of two worlds. My neat, organized roommate, and my crazy explosion of organized chaos. 

My part of the room has gotten messier ever since I started taking up painting. Now, I'm not very good yet, mind you. I've just begun, so my brushstrokes are zigzagging everywhere and my paintings are simplistic. 

But it's been helping me. 

Many of you know (and as I've hinted in earlier posts), I'm currently in a dark, rough season of my life, and sometimes it's hard to function. Sometimes I can't even function. 

But when I stick a brush in my hand and swirl it through the paint on my palette, everything seems okay, if only for a little while. 

I enjoy all forms of art: dance, written word, drawing, photography (especially the last one), but right now, painting holds a special place in my heart, mind, and soul. It's the peaceful part of me, the part that's buried deep. 

You could almost say it keeps me sane. 


No comments:

Post a Comment