Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Time Lapse

Blogger's Note: No, I haven't died! I've just been really busy the past few days. Sorry about that. 

A few days ago, after a year, I finished watching all nine seasons of The Office on Netflix. I don't even know what to feel right now.

As the characters grew in the nine years that take place during the span of the show, I grew with them as I watched, although it was a shorter amount of time. 

Look at how much they've grown:


Me too: 


Let me assure you, I haven't gotten any less weird. 


It's funny how much can change in a year. Friendships, ideas, activities, beliefs, life. It's funny how much life can change in a year. How much you can achieve or lose. New adventures, new places, new memories. 

Thinking over this past year, I realize that I've done so much. There so many hellos: I went on my first cruise,  my first date, I got my first job, I finished my first year of college. But there were also so many good byes: I said farewell to one of my best friends as she entered the mission field for a year and a half in the western United States, I said farewell to my guinea pig Saeli as she died this fall, I've decided to set color guard aside for a year as I study abroad in London next year, I've said farewell to sanity, as this fall has been one of the hardest seasons I've ever lived. 

Life is hard. But I'm grateful for the breath that's been put into my lungs each morning for the past 365 days. The new year is coming in a few short weeks. 

I wonder how much will change in the next year? 



No comments:

Post a Comment